Sunday 22 March 2015

Seek happiness in the joy of others


Happiness according to me can be precisely explained in this sentence - 'you never know what can give you happiness, it's just about bringing a smile onto your face or your families', that's the precise definition of happiness.

For me, happiness is found in the little joys that I give to my family. Seeing a smile on the face of my parent's means the world to me and I take every necessary step towards ensuring that this happiness remains on their face and moreover; it's not through money that this happiness can be achieved but in the most little of the gestures that can help you seek happiness for your family and friends.

For me, the happiness for my family means happiness for me. For instance, if I can book a dinner at a luxurious restaurant for my parents and ensure for a good evening with them; there can be nothing better. Similarly, whenever my mom goes to watch a movie, I ensure to buy a large pop corn just for her; the happiness on her face is one that cannot be put into words and a large pop corn which costs merely a few bucks helps me get this happiness on my mother's face.

My father loves sweets and hence; whenever I'm in New Delhi, I go to GreenPark and buy Bengali sweets for my father. Upon arriving back at home, when I give the box to my father; the happiness in his eyes gives me the satisfaction that even this little gesture is given to bring about a happiness on my father's face.

The festival of Rakhi is another example of how a sister doesn't need expensive gifts to be happy. Last year; I gave my sister a 250 rs BMS voucher, considering that she's a movie buff and the happiness that she expressed was priceless. As her younger brother, I know that I do not need to buy expensive gifts to make her happy; she's easily happy by the smallest of the gestures I make.

Therefore do not try and seek happiness in expensive things, find happiness in the happiness of others - always be willing to find happiness in the most smallest of the things, after all; that's what life is.

For me, happiness is found in the happiness of my family and I always know that do not expect me to buy anything luxurious to give them happiness but make the sweet gestures in my capacity to "gift" them happiness, through my small gestures.

The essence of happiness is that it isn't measured in money or in regard to how luxurious a particular gift or gesture may be; happiness is about little things that bring about a smile onto your face or when you seek happiness in the joy of your family or friends.


Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment