Sunday 16 March 2014

Love - has no boundaries


Love - can one put it into mere words? Certainly not. What does love mean? Who do we love? Do we love just 1 person or many, how many types of love do we experience? There's so much one can write about 'love' but in the contention of this post, 'love' for me is my family and for my family, I can travel miles - tirelessly, just to see them and feel 'true life'.



Story 1 I remember as a kid, during the summer holidays, I would go to my village Tamuria with my parents to meet my grandparents. It was a journey that spread 1000+ KM but that didn't bother us, it was the love and affection of my grandparents, which made every KM of travelling 'special'. :)

As soon as we would land on the Tamuria rail station, I would see my grandfather ready to pick up our bags - at the age of 65, imagine his love.. :) That's how much he loved us.. :) And, even though he didn't like to eat outside food, on the way home, he would grab some samosa's and kacchri (pyaaz pakora) for me. it was selfless love, I may not have realized it at that time, but I sure do realize now - how much I meant to him.



Story 2 Now this one is a very touching story of my father. He was in his 12th grade and had his board exams which ended just a day before his elder brother's wedding. My father didn't want to miss his brother's special day but he couldn't attend. Apart from my father, his rest 2 brothers and of course the 3rd brother that was getting married, along with my grandparents went to Tamuria, Bihar - for the marriage.

My father so wanted to be a part of his brother's wedding that after giving his board exam, he returned home and called the railway authorities to check the availability of tickets for the next train to Tamuria, luckily, tickets were available. He packed his bag and immediately left for the next train that was leaving. And there HE WAS - in the train, ready to go and attend his brother's wedding. But, perhaps he didn't plan it too well. He didn't know the route to his village as he had never traveled alone before and throughout the journey, he kept on asking people the right transportation to reach the village and the right route (there were no mobiles at that time and he didn't want to call his parents and ruin the surprise).

The train he rode on, only traveled to the destination 6 hours away from our village and from there, he kept on asking people for the right route. FINALLY though, just few hours before the marriage was about to happen, after 18 hours of journey, my father reached his destination. Tired but happy, he made it to his brother's 'BIG DAY'. :D Everyone at the village was shocked to see my father, at the mere age of 18, he had traveled great miles to be at his brother's wedding. This is 'true love'. :)

The video of love - by British Airways



To book such memorable trips with your loved ones, visit British Airways website

Credits - Google for the images and British Airways for the video.
Aditya Jha Author

Aditya Jha is 20 years old and has had a passion for writing since a young age. He has had the great honor of being published in the book "blank space", which featured his fictional short story "a writer's tale". He has also published 2 ebooks - Best.Generation.Ever. and An Iron Lady (Autobiography on his grandmother's life). He has great passion for speaking and is a Delhi University Debator - having won various laurels for his speaking.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely shared true experiences, Aditya. Both the stories are good. I related with the first one as even my grandparents did that & we travelled many kms to see them :)

    ReplyDelete